South Florida Concrete repair is simply the procedure of repairing a heavily deteriorated concrete surface that has lost the structural integrity of the underlying concrete materials along the way. The result is a surface that is unsightly and can be very expensive to repair and restore. When you consider that repairing your concrete will typically cost several thousands of dollars, it’s no wonder that so many homeowners choose to wait until the concrete has wholly cracked before they even think about attempting any form of repair. Unfortunately, many homeowners never take the time to evaluate their concrete surfaces before calling in the professionals. Here are some signs that your driveway may need repair:
– You notice that certain cracks appear in your driveway. You may notice that a small crack starts to widen before it finally bursts. This is an indication that your concrete has been exposed to too much water or moisture, which could be caused by heavy rains or irrigation efforts. If this has been happening to your driveway, you may want to consider calling in a professional concrete repair company to repair the problem before the surface fully deteriorates. Water is one of the leading causes of concrete cracking, so your cracked driveway is certainly an indicator that your home’s exterior has suffered from too much exposure to water.
– Heavy vehicles drive over your driveway repeatedly, leaving behind uneven spots. Over time, the traffic damages the surface and exposes it to too much water and moisture. If this has been happening to your driveway, you may want to consider hiring a professional concrete repair company to repair the problem before your property suffers too much damage. A professional concrete repair company can use a strong substance to coat the area, as well as buff out imperfections that may have occurred after heavy vehicle traffic. A professional cement company will also be able to provide you with recommendations for repairing the damaged area.
– You notice that the cement used to repair the cracks has started to crumble. This happens when the cement mix used to repair the area becomes too weak after a few years. In order to avoid cracking, you should mix a stronger concrete repair compound, or a mixture of cement and sand. To make the best possible mixture, you should hire a cementing contractor who has experience and the proper equipment to make sure that the mixture is properly blended. If the cracks are small enough, you may be able to mend the damage yourself using cement repair products like breaker-in and breaker-out.
– If the cracks are very large, you should contact a professional concrete company to take care of the problem. One way that professional contractors apply reinforcement to cracks on your concrete is by using a machine that rolls the mixture on the surface. The strength of the patch will depend on the size and width of the holes that were created when the concrete was poured. Usually, holes of at least a half-inch are required for patching larger cracks, but some smaller cracks may require only a quarter-inch hole to ensure the strength of the new mix.
– Another type of crack repair material that is used in large industrial areas is trowelable aggregate. Unlike concrete patching, trowelable aggregate does not shrink or expand when it is exposed to temperature changes. This means that you do not need to add more cement to patch large cracks. Instead, you can simply throw away the excess material and use the remaining concrete to build new homes or constructions.
Trowelable aggregate also makes a good material to use as an overlay, especially if you have large cracks that need to be filled. Because it does not compact or expand when exposed to varying temperatures, this type of concrete patching is excellent for covering areas that need repairs without having to add cement. The downside is that the slabs may need to remain flexible to accommodate expansion and contraction due to changes in temperature during the building process, so they can be vulnerable to cracks and breaks.
– Concrete crack repair is often performed by applying mortar mixture. Different types of crack repair mixes are available to perform different kinds of concrete cracks, including decorative crack repairs and routine maintenance repairs. For decorative cracks, mix a thick batch of concrete and apply it with a trowel. The trowel will penetrate the concrete well, providing good drainage for the next application. For routine maintenance purposes, trowelable aggregate is an excellent material to use, since it can withstand heat and cold well. You should only use this material for cracks or other forms of weaknesses in concrete walls, floors, and exterior structures, however.